Saturday, 12 November 2011

那些年,我們一起追的女孩 You Are the Apple of My Eye





This movie is probably one of the most talk about movie these days. A nobody director/producer with nobody cast, this movie is making wave in the movie industry.

What I like about it is how it brings back so many fond memories of those days when I was a student. Every one has his own unique growing up stories, I'm sure this movie brings back some memory of yours too.

My memories of my secondary school days were the most vivid (12-16 yo). I can hardly recall anything from primary school (7-11 yo). Poly is packed with activities. But the closest to my heart is still my secondary school days. 

A check on how I am still keeping in contact with my sec school. We had a gathering this year over Chinese New year at Fucai's place as he just got his new flat at Punggol. Couple of weeks ago, I bump into Yishan and her family at Compass point. She's a mother of 2 now. Also a week ago, I message Annie.

So not bad, I still keep in contact with them. 

I am grateful for my friends because my best memory of my teenage days are not malls (such as the newly built Taka Shopping Mall) or my school buildings. My memories are fill with people doing things together. 

I can't imagine growing up without friends. How to cope with the stress of choosing which path to take after O level. How to cope with the uncertainty of what jobs are available to me when I graduate. At the end of the day, I still have to make this difficult decision myself, but it make a big difference when you have peers going thru the same thing as you.

Some content can be quite candid. The movie depict how boys discovery sexuality and how they did silly things with their discovery. These things do happened. I am not advocating such acts as well. I don't think you should avoid this show because of this, if you are shy, watch it your spouse or your buddies who are of the same gender.

Enjoy!!

No comments: